-He was born in Ağrı on October 2, 1959.
- He completed his bachelor's degree in Chemistry in 1975 at Atatürk University, Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry.
- He was an assistant on 30 April 1981.
-In 1985 he completed his doctoral studies in the Biochemistry Department under the direction of Prof.Dr.E.Edip KEHA.
- He received a scholarship from the DAAD foundation of the German Government and received studies on enzyme purification in the Biochemistry Institute at Munich University under the direction of Prof.Guido HARTMANN between 1985-1987.
-He was appointed as Assistant Professor in 1989 and Associate Professor in 1989, and as Professor in Department of Biochemistry in 1994.
-He participated in the project entitled “Automated Gene Expression Analysis in Tissue Pieces Taken from Mouse Brain ”, conducted by Prof. Dr. Gregor Eichele in the Max-Planck Institute, Hannover, Germany, between June 24, 2001 and September 23, 2001.
-01-30 June 2010 in the Max-Planck Institute in Göttingen Prof.Dr.Gregor Eichele'nin group as a DAAD scholarship "Biological Clock Genes" participated in the research on the subject.
-He took part in 53 projects supported by TÜBİTAK, DPT and Atatürk University Research Fund. 29 Ph.D., 14 MSc studies completed. He is currently working on 4 Ph.Ds and 1 postgraduate studies.
-Within the scope of the SCI, there are a total of 398 studies, including 114 articles in international refereed journals, 4 articles in international refereed journals and 49 articles in domestic refereed journals, 167 articles, 212 papers, 13 calls and 6 books / lecture notes / chapters. Articles have been cited with 4952 references. The H-index is 37.
-He has worked as an editor in 4 foreign and 11 national magazines and as an editor in 4 journals.
-He was a member of the Scientific Committee or the Organizing Committee of many scientific organizations.
-He was the dean of the Faculty of Science of Atatürk University between the dates of November 10, 2008 and January 2012. He was the Vice Rector of Atatürk University between 06.10.2010 and 12.08.2016.
- Between 11.11.2015-18.6.2017 he served as a member of the Council of Higher Education.
- He speaks German and English. He is married and has two children.